Website Search Tips
- Attach an asterisk (*) to the end of a word as a wildcard.
(You may not use wildcards at the beginning of a word or in the middle of a word.)
For example, a search for jes* will return results including
words like "Jesus," "Jessie," and "Jesuit."
Do not leave a space between the asterisk and the word.
- Attach a tilde (~) to the front of a word to omit results containing that word.
For example, a search for ~jesus messiah will return results
including the word "messiah," but only if those results do not include the word "Jesus."
Do not leave a space between the tilde and the word to be omitted.
- You may use both an asterisk (*) and a tilde (~) on the same word.
- You may use multiple words with asterisks (*) and/or tildes (~).
- Words with asterisks (*) and/or tildes (~) may appear anywhere in your search phrase.
- Include Bible chapter numbers but not verse numbers.
- Don't use Roman numerals.
- Check for books of the Bible by full name and by abbreviation. We abbreviate as follows:
Gen., Exod., Lev., Num., Deut., Josh., Judg., Ruth, 1 Sam., 2 Sam., 1 Kgs., 2 Kgs., 1 Chr., 2 Chr.,
Ezra, Neh., Esth., Job, Ps. and Pss., Prov., Eccl., Song, Isa., Jer., Lam., Ezek., Dan.,
Hos., Joel, Amos, Obad., Jon., Mic., Nah., Hab., Zeph., Hag., Zech., Mal.,
Matt., Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Rom., 1 Cor., 2 Cor., Gal, Eph., Phil., Col.,
1 Thess., 2 Thess., 1 Tim., 2 Tim., Tit., Philem., Heb., Jam., 1 Pet., 2 Pet.,
1 John, 2 John, 3 John, Jude, Rev.